Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Reflections

It's that time of the year again, the time when anybody and everybody focuses on everything that's not important and forget the one thing that is. Don't believe me? Be it at home or on this small lil island, the most crowded of places do not, not the slightest bit, resemble the lowly manger that's supposed to be our focus this season.

I'm not saying all of us should start visiting farms or something. It's the spiritual journey that matters. Christmas has never been about adourning ourselves with lavish clothes or accessories. Neither is it about getting the latest gadgets for ouselves before anybody else does. Whatever is the significance of turkey and log cakes? Who came up with Frosty or Rudolph or the man with the sack (Coca-cola probably came up with santa claus as a marketing hype)? What's up with pine trees? Did Jesus come wrapped up ever so lavishly under a plastic tree? I hate to say this, but I think it's an insult to the true meaning of CHRISTmas.

Maybe this clip will help you understand. It showed me a glimpse of heaven's LOVE.



Of all my years celebrating Christmas, I've only experienced it once or twice at most. The other years were spent trying to flatter myself. Maybe it's time we start looking at someone other than ourselves. For your Christmas present this year, I pray that Jesus (and not Santa) sends you an angel to remind you what CHRISTmas is all about.

3 comments:

  1. you have been tagged. and i miss you laods. you should soooo create a chatterbox.

    take care!!! XD

    ReplyDelete